Tuesday, October 22, 2013

That One Time We Found a Secret Beach

In August, Dallas and I traveled BACK to Oregon and got to spend an afternoon at the beach! We went to Cape Kiwanda, and climbed the HUGE sand dune (not without much complaining from me...it's super steep!).  







We usually just look around and then run back down the sand dune, but Dallas decided we should go exploring down the back of the sand dune, and my mother was all for it (weird) so exploring we went.


You can tell Dallas had the camera here...

And who'd a thunk it, but it was BEAUTIFUL down there! This is what we found after precariously scooting down a rocky slope.


Gorgeous right? You can't see this little inlet clearly from the dune, so even though I've climbed this same sand dune probably five or six times I had NO idea this gem existed :)

This is what I call the Moses picture
 While Dad and Dallas decided to be adventurous, Mom and I were quite content to just sit and watch :)

If you look closely, you can see Dallas over on the left side of the picture...can you believe how huge those rocks are?



Dallas kept threatening to jump that crevice, and almost gave me a heart attack in the process...

My favorite shot. Minus the nasty bird poop that was everywhere. 
 We LOVE the Oregon coast, and are so glad we got to hangout with my family one last time before summer ended.

No comments:

Post a Comment