Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Face

One of the many things I love about Dallas is how creative he is. However, I didn't realize that this extended to pumpkin carving as well. We went up to Ogden to spend the evening with Dallas's brother Jordan and his wife. We went to a pumpkin patch and picked the perfect pumpkins for carving. When Dallas told me he planned to carve my face into a pumpkin I was a bit nervous. Coming from a family where the best pumpkins on our porch have simple triangle eyes and jagged mouths, you can see why I was skeptical.

I was pleasantly surprised. 

He took a picture and then printed it out in black and white and high contrast. Then he used the picture as a template and poked through the picture to transfer the template onto the pumpkin. At this point, I got too busy carving my own pumpkin to see the transformation from pumpkin to masterpiece.

Look at that concentration

Here is the picture he used as a template and then the finished product all lit up. I think it looks exactly like me.

This my pumpkin. It is the most elaborate pumpkin I have ever carved. Ever. I was really proud of myself.





No comments:

Post a Comment