Monday, April 22, 2013

Almost There...

I finished my last final for the semester today, and boy did that feel good. Dallas is currently sitting beside me studying for one of his two last finals for the semester. We are so close to being done with this horrible, awful, no good, semester!!!!! (Ten points to whoever knows what I'm quoting there)

Please enjoy this HILARIOUS depiction of finals week by Divine Comedy

This semester has been rotten at times, and absolutely delectable at others. Dallas took nine credits of classes, and worked full-time which meant very late nights and a loooooot of studying time. One of those nine credits was a math class that didn't get started until 3 weeks before it was due. That was a party. I was in my fourth semester of nursing school and had clinical at least 12 hours a week, worked 8 hours a week, and tried to keep a house clean on top of that (I'm pretty sure we all know which of those responsibilities got thrown to the wayside...) On the other hand, Dallas had a full-time job which meant money worries went out the window. I was in my FAVORITE semester of nursing school yet, which also made it seem ten times easier than any other semester. That crazy math class that got procrastinated? My amazingly smart and hardworking husband ROCKED IT. Like rocked it so hard we are still in shock. On top of that we have amazing friends and family that fed us and kept us sane through this whole semester. So many blessings.

A very fitting fortune :)


So at the end of this semester, while I'm glad it's over, and cannot wait for the adventures we have planned this summer, am so thankful for all it taught us. There was lots of patience and hardwork and love that appeared in the Haueter household, and we are both better for it.

1 comment:

  1. Soo... I know you wrote this post weeks ago, but you're quoting that children's book - Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. 10 points for me :)
    Hope you're having fun on your adventure! And that Dallas is surviving without you :)

    ReplyDelete