Monday, November 19, 2012

Drat, we've got rats!

The first snow storm of the winter was an eventful one for us. I was trying to get over a 24-hour flu bug and Dallas was trying to deal with our hot water heater that decided to stop working. All of the sudden I saw something dart INTO OUR BEDROOM. I yelped a bit, and then screamed for Dallas. He then spent the next hour creating a trap to catch this mouse, involving a sheet of paper and a mason jar.
He was kind of cute in that jar...

I was super impressed. And then I was super sad because we had to get rid of (read "kill") the mouse. When Dallas brought the jar back in I wrote all over it with sharpie because I was NOT going to use that jar for anything else.



1 comment:

  1. EEEeeek! We just caught one in our house TODAY! After the sealing! They are kinda cute, but definitely belong outside!

    ReplyDelete